Strictly Come Dancing 2019 is heading back our screens very soon with September just around the corner. The BBC has now revealed its full star-studded line-up. Fan of the BBC serieshave a whole host of famous face both past and present waltzing onto their TV sets. Express.co.uk takes a look at all the stars taking part in the ratings hit this year.
The BBC started confirming the Strictly Come Dancing 2019 line-up a couple of weeks ago - earlier than it usually does.
Across the course of two weeks, stars were being unveiled left, right and centre on TV and radio.
The first crop of stars was announced on The One Show before other names were dropped.
Here is a list of the Strictly Come Dancing 2019 cast:
- David James, 48, former footballer
- Chris Ramsey, 32, comedian
- Emma Barton, 42, EastEnders actress
- Saffron Barker, 92, social media star
- Catherine Tyldesley, 35, former Coronation Street actress,
- Mike Bushell, 53, BBC sports presenter
- Karim Zeroual, 19, CBBC presenter
- Viscountess Emma Weymouth, 33, model and philanthropist
- Michelle Visage, 50, RuPaul's Drag Race judge
- Will Bayley, 31, Paralympian
- Jamie Laing, 30, Made In Chelsea star
- Alex Scott, 34, former footballer and pundit
- Dev Griffin, 34, radio DJ
- James Cracknell OBE, 47, former Olympic rowing champion
- Anneka Rice, 60, TV presenter
There are a total of 15 stars taking part in the show this year, the same number as the previous series.
When Strictly Come Dancing first started back in 2004, the total number of stars was just eight.
But since the show has grown in popularity, the number of contestants has swelled over the years.
Strictly Come Dancing 2019 has now confirmed its full line-up
David James, Chris Ramsey and Emma Barton were the first to be announced this year.
Anneka Rice was the last star to be announced for this year's line-up and was previously touted to be joining.
Jamie Laing was also a name that had been bandied about before the Made In Chelsea favourite was announced.
Prior the Strictly Come Dancing cast being unveiled, Nancy Xu was confirmed as the new dancer joining the professionals.
Meanwhile, Motsi Mabuse was revealed to be replacing Darcey Bussell on the judging panel.
Now that the line-up has been revealed, the stars will be preparing for the launch show at the start of September.
The launch show will see the stars paired up with the professional dancers.
After the launch show, the new couples will have two weeks to prepare for the first show where they will be making their debuts on the dance floor.
No one will be eliminated in the first show and return to dance in week two, which is when we will see one couple waltzing off home.
Strictly Come Dancing launches on BBC One this autumn